Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Small Part

I recently subscribed to Backstage West, a news magazine for actors on the west coast. In today's issue, amongst the 5 bazillion advertisements for headshot photographers and acting coaches (Learn what it takes to be a STAR!), I came upon this ad, which I shall share with you verbatim:

Calling All Angels

RECEIVE $10,000 FOR A SMALL PART

Help someone else's dream come true
while you pursue yours.

THE EGG DONOR PROGRAM

We'll treat you like a star:
chocolates, massage, flowers,
and beautiful headshots.

6 comments:

Azúcar said...

Chocolate, massage, flowers, headshots: more than I got for the last egg I used.

Kiki said...

$10,000/egg? *stroking my chin* Hmm...

Kiki said...

AND if they are taking more than one egg, they'r ONLY giving $10,000? Also, has anyone read Shock by Robin Cook

Azúcar said...

No. I listened to a Robin Cook book on tape once on a road trip and became convinced that the real reason we were driving across the country was to end his life because that man should not be allowed to write another word ever, ever. Straight up crap.

Emmie said...

Azúcar,
That first response was classic. Loved it.

Kiki,
Shock was the second thing I thought of when I saw the ad (the first was "Mmmm, chocolate"). Robin Cook is a loon.

~j. said...

azucar beat me to it -- my sentiments exactly.