Monday, October 09, 2006

Hooray! Hooray!

I'm in a play!

This is the play:




This is an official description of the play:

"In the last decade of the twentieth century, a beautiful young woman in nineteenth century clothing is found floating on an iceberg in the middle of the North Atlantic. When rescued, she says only one word: Titanic. The characters and their interactions, which both deepen and unravel the mystery, reveal that few people are what they seem."

I am not the beautiful young woman. According to the audition notice, this is who I am:

Halbrech: Attractive, very intelligent, doctor of an undisclosed specialty.

This, according to the script, is what I will be wearing:



(The script does not say anything about posing or having hair like this person.)

This is how many people are in the play:

4

This is one of my lines:

"OPEN THIS DOOR!"

And this is all I can say, because my husband reads this blog, and he doesn't want to know anything else about the plot before he sees the show. (He is one of those people who loves surprises.)

This is how excited I am to be in a play after my 3-year hiatus:

VERY!

6 comments:

AzĂșcar said...

Hooray! I wish I could make it to a show.

Kiki said...

WOOT!

cotton_in_the_medicine_bottles said...

Hooray! When is it? Maybe we'll come into some money and have a mid winter vacation!

Jannah said...

Congrats, also, I think a great way to make friends in your new cast would be to really jump into character now, I think you should wear scrubs to all your early read throughs and have Steve page you at odd times. Make a bold character choice, maybe scrubs with monkeys or kittens on them. You could take their medical histories during the down time!

Emmie said...

Thanks, ladies! The show runs from Nov. 25-Dec. 16, and Jan. 5-13.

Cotton,
Hotel Freitas has lodging available for you whenever you wish to travel to Southern California. Our amenities include a lovely view of the (unheated) pool, an assortment of wheat-free snacks, and the SPEED channel.

Jannah,
Excellent suggestions! I always love it when actors stay in character off stage, and now I can look forward to giving that gift to my fellow castmates. Now I just need a beeper and some kitten scrubs.

Stutra said...

Mmmm, kitten scrubs...