Monday, June 04, 2007

The Beauty of Saying No

Want to know the most beautiful thing about today? I QUIT MY JOB!

I have to stay until the end of the month, and maybe through July as well (to train the new guy or gal), but I already feel at least 10.5 million times happier.

(I really, really hate my job.)

To celebrate, I ran outside and took a picture of these flowers by the pool:



And now I'm going to eat some chocolate and think about not having my job. Quitting can be such a beautiful thing.

5 comments:

AzĂșcar said...

Hooray!

Boo to jobs that are supposed to be simple and turn into life-consuming monsters. I'm so glad you quit (you quitter, you!)

Eat more chocolate for me (and then pour out a 40.)

Ken said...

Congrats Emmie! In order to more fully celebrate with you, what was your job?
Ken

Emmie said...

AzĂșcar,
Yay! I'm a quitter! I will eat another piece of chocolate just for you.

Ken,
Thank you, and I'm very flattered that you visited my blog! My job . . . I was hired by a 70-year-old salesman who makes a ton of money, but has no idea how the internet works (or anything computer-related, for that matter). This is rather inconvenient, as most of his business is now being done through email, his company's website, and fairly sophisticated software. I was hired (part-time) to "bridge the gap." Within a week, I was working 9-hour days, and ready to throw myself off a bridge.

Jannah said...

HOOOOOORRRAAYYYYY!
yeah for sanity, and the knowledge that you as a capable person can do just about anything, but you as a sane person can choose to say ENOUGH!
P.S. does this mean you can play on week days for a little bit?

julie said...

Congratulations! After having several jobs I couldn't stand, I finally have a job I love, so I know how life is so much better when you enjoy going to work. I hope the same for you!

Mmmmmm...chocolate! That makes everything better!