Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Beauty Finale

Four weeks ago today, I started my Month of Beauty. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by! Thank you all so much for your visits and your comments. They've meant a lot to me, and it's been lovely to share the past four weeks with you.

For my final Beauty, two things:

1. I gave my two weeks notice two weeks ago today. (You do the math.)

2. Every passing hour today brings me one hour closer to 8am tomorrow when I will board a plane so that I can spend the weekend with my sister, her husband, their daughter (she of the curly eyelashes), and their just-turned-three son.

When he heard I was coming to visit, my nephew said, very matter-of-factly:

"Emmie is bringing me a car."

He also said:

"Emmie is coming to care of me!"

He's absolutely right on both counts: There's a Tonka truck in my suitcase . . .



And "caring of him" is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world.

6 comments:

compulsive writer said...

I have enjoyed your month of beauty.

Congrats on the end of your two weeks (and hence your job).

Have a great trip!

Meg at night said...

I've loved the month of beauty and have appreciated the motivation it has given me to find simple beauties in my own daily life! You're the best, Em! And, might I also add, YOU are one of the beautiful things in my life!

Emily said...

I thought Month of Beauty was lovely; the concept and the product. You see what you're looking for, don't you? So I thought it was so great that you were looking for beauty. Thanks for visiting my blog...I've sure enjoyed yours.

Annette Lyon said...

Em,
You may have already gotten this (and if you haven't, you certainly deserve to have), but by some fortune, I was awarded the "Rockin Girl Blogger Award" and was thereby bequeathed the authority to pass it on to other rockin girls--and chose you as one of my selections. Visit my blog to check it out, lady!

Anne Bradshaw said...

I've been reading your beauty blogs and enjoying them all. Thanks for inspiring such good thoughts in your readers, Em. You are a beautiful person.

That sunset especially took me in. I'm partial to sunsets, as you'll see if you have a moment to visit my blog :-)

Em said...

Thanks to all you lovely ladies!

Annette,
I'm so flattered to be "Rockin." Thank you!


Anne,
Delighted to make your acquaintance! That sunset on your blog is gorgeous.