Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fishing Beauty

The following exchange occurred several minutes ago as I was telling my husband about my dad's upcoming fishing trip:

"He's going on a fishing excavation."

"A fishing excavation?"

"Wait, did I say excavation? I meant exhibition."

"A fishing exhibition?"

"No, wait, I don't mean exhibition. I mean . . . what's the word . . . Ex . . ."

"Pedition? Expedition?"

"Expedition! Yes! A fishing expedition!"


I officially need more sleep. And perhaps a thesaurus.

Anyway, in honor of that expedition, here's my favorite fishing photo:


I snapped this last summer - my brother and his sons.

I love seeing my brothers as dads. They are amazing fathers. (Just like mine.)

8 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Awwwwwww -- that is so cute!

Emily said...

Ooooh, I love that picture very much--maybe because I love little boys very much.

Emily said...

What about a fishing excursion?

I just thought of you whilst surfing blogs. Lots of gluten-free recipes at killthegluten.blogspot.com. Maybe you already knew about it.

Annette Lyon said...

Sweet photo! And it makes me homesick for my dad, because he could have been going on a fishing "excavation" with YOUR dad like they've done so many times (if he weren't, you know, on the other side of the PLANET or something . . .). Let's hear it for Utah Rainbow Trout!

Em said...

Hi, Tristi! Nice to meet you!

Emily,
Me, too. I hope to have at least one of my own someday . . . (A little boy, I mean. Not a picture.)

Emily,
Holy. Cow. I visited that blog, and I think it might change my life. THANK YOU.
P.S. Excursion! That could very well have been what I meant.

Annette,
My dad has a great fishing pic with your dad and Gene England. It makes me happy whenever I see it.

blondie's sis said...

I, too, love seeing my brothers as grown up Dads. Even those two who seemed a bit reckless as teenagers have grown into sweet, thoughtful men.

AzĂșcar said...

I'm buying Stuvey a thesaurus. AND A CLUE.

Em said...

Sis of Blondie,
It's so lovely, isn't it - those boys you worried about and fought with turning into wonderful dads. Your brothers are super cool. (It obviously runs in the family.)

AzĂșcar,
I'm not usually one for IM acronyms, but your comment made me LOL.

P.S. Clues are pretty pricey. I'll totally go halvesies with you if you want.