Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Truth

Thanks for all the guesses on my previous post!  It was really fun to read your rationales.  And now, the answers (drumroll, please):

1.  Until I was 10, I thought "faucet" was spelled "flaucet."  TRUE.  And I have absolutely no explanation for it.  How embarrassing for me.  

2.  I won't eat anything that's been touched by a banana.  Boring, and TRUE.  I really, really hate bananas.  (Boring.)

3.  I have never played a character younger than age 18.  FALSE.  This was true until grad school, where I played a 16-year-old British schoolgirl.  In roller skates!  It was fun, and about darn time.  Then I went back to playing 45-year-olds.    

4.  I was 18 when I had my first (off-stage) kiss.  TRUE.  (Confidential to RebRob: there were no high school secrets that I did not disclose to you!  The kiss happened after we graduated.  It was December of my freshman year at BYU.)  There was mistletoe involved.  It was very brief, but very sweet. 

Thanks for playing, friends!  I am out of town for Thanksgiving, but when I get back I will post a picture of myself as the British schoolgirl.  I wore A LOT of blush.  Just to warn you.

Hope everyone has a very Happy Turkey Day!

10 comments:

rebrob said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a great one. And thanks for clarifying about the lip action. I just didn't know if you were counting the action between Mrs. Popov and Smirnov which I know you enjoyed so very much. (Those moments that go above and beyond the script are so fun... "Confidence! Confidence!")

Emily said...

I have to ask: how old was the boat-hat character?

Azúcar said...

What I love most about your life is that you have photographic proof of everything (or at least most of the interesting stuff.)

Meg at night said...

I'm glad that rebrob reminded us of that oh so surprising lip action from Smirnov! Yikes!

I love your posts! Keep them coming! Love you and have a great turkey day!

Geo said...

And playing a 45 year old? Is that fun? (Haven't quite gotten there yet, so can't speak from experience.)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Those brief mistletoe kisses can be pretty good.

Dianna G. said...

I'm so excited about the British schoolgirl self! Did you curse a lot and burn your bra or anything? Any gum chewing?

Well, I'd say I was proud of myself for guessing right, but I didn't, so I can't.

As for mistletoe, I prefer to steer clear. You know, nargles...

Annette Lyon said...

Can't wait to see the school girl pic, blush and all.

Emmie said...

RebRob,
You know that my experiences with Smirnov are so special to me that it's difficult to talk about them. ("Confidence!")

Emily,
I would put Ms. Boat Hat's age somewhere between 20 and a well-preserved 42.

Meg,
Hope you had a wonderful Turkey Day!

Geo,
It depends on the 45 year old.

Tristi,
Amen!

Dianna,
No cursing from the British schoolgirl, but I often felt like cursing after putting on my tight corset and wool uniform. And roller skates.

Annette,
Thanks for inviting me to play! It was fun!

Emmie said...

Azúcar,
So I take it you're not interested in my collection of "Emmie Reading The Encyclopedia" photos?