Sunday, April 13, 2008

Warm (Or How To Be In A Movie Without Really Trying)

It was 98 degrees in Orange County today. 98 degrees! In April! In Orange County! Isn't that against the law or something? Whatever it is, it's unacceptable. And our air conditioner is broken. Also unacceptable. It has cooled down a bit since the sun set, but not enough. Not enough! And I should be making my hungry husband some dinner, but I can't bring myself to turn on the oven, because the oven raises the temperature in the apartment by at least 10 degrees. What can I make for him that doesn't require the use of the oven? We are out of microwavable food, except for my organic dairy-free, gluten-free tofu enchiladas, and somehow I don't think he'll go for those. Steve doesn't believe in eating anything organic. Nor anything containing tofu. Maybe I could make him a peanut butter sandwich with a granola bar on the side? A bowl of yogurt and some raw broccoli? A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter? Hmmm. Perhaps I'll eat a popsicle while I mull over the options.

P.S. There is nothing exciting going on in my life right now. Just in case you were wondering.*

*Actually, now that I think about it, there is something me-related going on right now that is interesting (at least, interesting to me). I've received several reports that I'm in the new Emma Smith film that is playing in movie theaters throughout Utah. I was surprised by these reports, as I'd never actually filmed anything for the movie. Inside sources tell me that the director used footage from the Joseph Smith film (including scenes that were left out of that film). So, I'm in a movie without even trying to be. I have many friends in it, terrific actors all, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Alas, I'll have to wait until it comes to CA or is released on DVD. In the meantime, if you happen to catch the film, let me know what you think of it!

11 comments:

Dianna said...

Is that legal? The film thing, not the heat, I mean. Hmmm... I don't know the rules, but I'm guessing you were required to sign your life away and they could do what they want with it, huh?

Well, that gives me one motivation to see the movie. I will have to rent the DVD, however, and not patronize the pirated theatrical thingy. Just on principle.

Jannah said...

I know I know, a grilled peanu-butter sandwich, or break up the bread and put it in a bowl with milk, it's depression bread pudding, (not to be confused with depressing bread pudding, well actually I think it could be the same thing!) And if Steve complains just remind him there are starving children in Fontana who can't even eat peanut butter!

Congrats on the movie, the only thing I seem to get into without trying are 5 year old "shows" which usually involve 5 minutes of explanation (e.g. "You are the prince, but you aren't my prince, but you are the one who tells my prince where to go, and then I bow, and you throw flowers at me.) followed by only 30 seconds of performance.

Noelle said...

Hmmm..I'm only 5 hours away and now I can tempt you with working air conditioning! Kyle would completely agree with steve. He thinks I'm a little organic loony. He won't touch it, if somewhere in the title there is even a vague reference to organic.

Carolyn said...

How about an at-home salad bar? Just take everything out of your fridge or pantry that might be good on a salad -- cottage cheese, black olives, peaches your mother bottled for you, boiled eggs, red beans -- and drench it with ranch dressing. Steve may not be a salad bar type of guy, but I can get my guys to eat pretty much anything if I bring out the ranch.

p.s. I love it that you said "a loaf of bread, container of milk, and a stick of butter. When I was a small child I thought the kid was saying "potato of milk."

p.p.s. I wasn't planning to see the Emma Smith movie but perhaps now I will.

TnD said...

I just one short week I will enduring that same heat in Palm Springs. What were we thinking.

Geo said...

How about a popsicle lassi? That sounds healthy and refreshing.

I guess there's no likelihood of you getting paid twice for your scene?

Annette Lyon said...

Spending time in the theater playing "I spy Em" sounds like fun. Maybe I'll see the movie after all.

thedoodlegirl said...

Yay!! That is so cool! I will definitely HAVE to see it now. (This is Reb, btw) :)

cotton_in_the_medicine_bottles said...

Well, Em, you can expect to expect your once lost but not forgotten scenes to show up any old place. Maybe even when you're 90. That contract you signed? It had phrases like "throughout the universe in perpetuity."
ps I had a nice chat with Corinna at CJane's house yesterday. She makes great cream puffs.

Adam, Tracy & Kaelin said...

I heard you guys are moving to SLC...Booo!!! I never got to actually visit teach you!!!

At least we can keep in touch through blogger :)

We will miss you guys!

thedoodlegirl said...

My parents and Mike's mom have all seen "your" movie and said you are in it lots!!! Now I need to see it!! :)