Monday, September 08, 2008

La Vida La Jolla

As some of you may know, my husband and I moved to San Diego a few weeks ago. I love San Diego. I really do. But tonight I learned that it has seriously unrealistic expectations of my fitness level.

In an attempt to get into better shape, Steve and I have been taking nightly walks. On these walks, we noticed the entrance to what looked like a lovely walking path, and tonight we decided to try it out. We'd only gone a few steps when we noticed that there were signs posted every 100 feet or so. We soon discovered that this was no ordinary walking path, but rather a “Fit-Trail.” Each Fit-Trail sign asked us to do certain fitness-related things, and, being the amiable sort of people that we are, we decided to comply. The first one was no problem:



The second request from Fit-Trail required kicking my leg a little higher than I have in a while, but I gave it my best shot:



And this is the third sign we encountered:

13 comments:

AzĂșcar said...

So what was so hard about the third? You couldn't keep your toes pointed? Your legs separated on the dismount? I fail to see the issue.

Blondie said...

That's hilarious!
But the real question is: can all of the countless dogs on the trail also comply?

Jannah said...

OK, it was a little tough for you, you have have issues with your knees, but what about Steve?

TmeggenT said...

I don't know what to say. That is hysterical! I hope you will visit that path often and give us updates on how your fitness training is coming.

Noelle said...

Did it say 'Ha ha, just kidding!' underneath? Yes take pictures! I need to see green hilly things.

TnD said...

I don't know if your life is just funnier than mine or if you are just better at observation, but I love your life.

compulsive writer said...

I can tell you one thing. No matter how well you do the judging will be biased.


I love San Diego. And I have a funny story about La Jolla.

cotton_in_the_medicine_bottles said...

As long as there were no "16" year old Chinese girls on the trail with you...

thedoodlegirl said...

You make me LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!

Dianna said...

I'm pretty sure that's an overhead shot, which would make it much simpler. (Of course then you have break the beam out of the ground and hold it while sitting down, but you'd get a great workout just doing that...)

Katie said...

Wow. The ole leve of difficulty went up pretty quickly there.

samiam said...

What? After a few leg kicks, suddenly your a gymnast? Emmie-how do you find all the randomness that is life?:)

Bek said...

awesome! This confirms that I am never moving to San Diego (the leg lifts would have done it for me...)